Academic Year 2021-2022: Lessons begin Friday Sept 10, 2021
Private Lessons: There are 33 lessons on Mon/Sat, 36 lessons on Tues/Wed/Thurs/Fri.
The academic year is divided into 3 Sessions beginning Sept 2021, Dec 2021 and Mar 2022. Private lessons can begin at any time between September 2021 & June 2022.
New Student Registration Fee: $30 (non-refundable)
Annual School Fee (non-refundable)
- Students registered in private instrumental/voice 1essons and any other class or private theory lesson or class.
- Early Bird School Fee : $185 due on or before May 1, 2021. Regular School Fee: $215 after May 1, 2021.
- Private Theory Lessons Only, Early Bird $85, After May 1/21: $100
- Theory Classes Only, Early Bird: $75, After May 1/21: $85
- Students starting in sessions 2 & 3 will pay a pro-rated fee.
The School Fee is due with the Returning Student Registration Form.
The New Student Registration Fee is due with the New Student Registration Form.
To reserve a Private Lesson day and time or a space in our classes, payment for the entire academic year must be received in full either by cheque or e-transfer, OR by post-dated cheques dated Sept 1/21, Dec 1/21 and Mar 1/22.
Cheques are payable to Guelph School of Music. Details of fees method of payment and payment schedule are listed on student invoices which are sent out by email.
There are no refunds or make-ups for lessons or classes cancelled by the student. This includes student illness or vacations taken outside of school holidays. Lessons or classes cancelled by the teacher will be re-scheduled. Please notify your teacher if the student will be absent.
Online/Video lessons will be taught in the following situations:
- If in-person lessons and classes must be cancelled due to Covid-19, lessons and classes will continue on online/video.
- Online/Video lessons will be taught on snow days.
- Online/Video lessons are available if the student is a little sick and able to concentrate on a lesson but should avoid coming in person to prevent the spread of illness.
Kiwanis Music Festival
The teacher’s attendance in the Kiwanis Music Festival constitutes the participating student’s lesson for that week.
Enrollment in private lessons is on a per Session basis. In case of withdrawal, only the fees for the remaining Sessions will be refunded. A written two-week notice of withdrawal prior to the next Session is required for fees to be returned. Once registered in Classes, fees are non-refundable.
When Public Schools and evening/weekend Community Use of Schools Programmes in the Upper Grand District School Board are closed due to inclement weather, The Guelph School of Music is closed to keep students safe.
New this year: The teacher will teach these lessons via video platform. If buses are cancelled but schools are open, Guelph School of Music is open.
Recitals & Performance Classes
Recitals are formal occasions. Recital dress code includes dress pants/skirt/dress, blouses/shirts/sweaters. Jeans, shorts and yoga wear are not acceptable.
There are 2 Recitals: Winter and Spring
3 Performance Classes: Fall/Winter/Spring.
- Parents/Students are responsible for the purchase of all music and materials.
- Parents/Students are responsible for the registration and payment of any extracurricular activities such as Kiwanis Music Festival or Royal Conservatory of Music Exams.
- If there is insufficient registration in classes, programmes will be cancelled and all fees returned.
- Guelph School of Music reserves the right to cancel any student enrollment for negligence of payment, poor attendance, inappropriate behaviour or misconduct by the student, parent or guardian.
- There is no extra time given to students who arrive late for lessons or classes.
- Student received lessons for the lesson length and number of lessons they have registered and paid for.
- Piano accompaniment for recitals and performance classes is available for an additional fee.
- There is a $25 charge for NSF cheques.
- Please contact your child’s teacher if you have questions about his or her lessons.
- Registration in the Guelph School of Music implies acceptance of School Policy.