Invoices, Receipts, School News are sent via email.
General Email: [email protected]
Academic Year 2023-2024: Lessons begin Saturday, September 9, 2023
Private Lessons: There are 33 lessons on Mon/Sat, 36 lessons on Tues/Wed/Thurs/Fri.
New Student Registration Fee: $30 (non-refundable)
Annual School Fee (non-refundable)
- Students registered in private instrumental/voice lessons and any other class or private theory lesson or class.
- Early Bird School Fee : $200 due on or before May 31. Regular School Fee: $250 after May 31.
- Families registering multiple students: Each additional student school fee is $150 due on or before May 31. Regular $200 after May 31.
- Private Theory Lessons Only, Early Bird $85, After May 7: $100
- Theory Classes Only, Early Bird: $75, After May 7: $85
- Students starting in sessions 2 & 3 will pay a pro-rated fee.
The School Fee and first instalment is due with the Returning Student Registration Form.
The New Student Registration Fee is due with the New Student Registration Form.
A school fee will apply to each family. Families that have more than 1 student registered will be charged a 20% reduced school fee for each additional student. School fees are due upon registration. $50 of each school fee is non-refundable. Any student who withdraws prior to November 1st may be eligible for a partial refund of the school fee. After November 1st all school fees are non-refundable.
Tuition is divided into 9 instalments with the first instalment upon registration followed by monthly September 2nd thru April 2nd. Tuition will be processed on the 2nd of the month or the first business day of the month, whichever comes first.
A $30 Non-Refundable registration fee per new student will be processed upon registration. This fee is in addition to monthly instalments.
Any payments more than 15 days late, no matter the cause, will be subject to a $20.00 late fee/payment.
Returned Direct Debit will incur a $45 NSF charge and there is a $10 charge for declined Credit Cards that are not updated within 3 days of contact.
Tuition for summer classes/programs/camps and 8 & 10-week sessions are processed in full upon registration.
All refunds will be issued by direct deposit.
Guelph School of Music reserves the right to make schedule changes, combine classes or cancel classes with insufficient enrolment if necessary. This includes but is not limited to: Private Lessons, Group Classes, Summer Camps, etc. The Guelph School of Music reserves the right to make changes to staff at the discretion of the Executive Director and Program Manager. If a lesson is canceled due to teacher availability and there is no replacement teacher available for your lesson, you will receive a refund less fees for classes taken.
Fees for missed lessons (illness, vacation, etc) are non-refundable. Students who chose not to attend a lesson forfeit that lesson. Students must notify their teacher if they will be absent.
If a teacher cancels a lesson for any reason (inclement weather, illness, etc) they will be responsible for scheduling a make-up class with students. Make-up lessons may be offered as either in-person or online lessons.
Guelph School of Music reserves the right to suspend classes for students whose accounts are unpaid or have a balance owing.
Online/Video lessons will be taught in the following situations:
- If in-person lessons and classes must be cancelled due to Covid-19, lessons and classes will continue on online/video.
- Online/Video lessons will be taught on snow days.
- Online/Video lessons are available if the student is a little sick and able to concentrate on a lesson but should avoid coming in person to prevent the spread of illness.
Kiwanis Music Festival
The teacher’s attendance in the Kiwanis Music Festival constitutes the participating student’s lesson for that week.
Withdrawal & Refund Policy
Enrollment in private lessons is on a per lesson basis. If a student chooses to withdraw, a written two-week notice of withdrawal prior to the next lesson is required. Any student who withdraws prior to November 1st may be eligible for a refund of remaining lesson fees. Withdrawal after November 1st, may be eligible to receive 60% of the remaining lesson fees as a refunded. After March 1st, all remaining lesson fees will be non-refundable. Fees paid for Group Classes are non-refundable.
with respect to weather closures. When public schools and evening/weekend community use of school programs in the Upper Grand District School Board are closed, the Guelph School of Music will close as well. If buses are canceled but schools are open, the Guelph School of Music will remain open. Should weather conditions worsen throughout the day, the Guelph School of Music will make a decision by 2pm, and notify students if lessons are canceled or moved online.
Guelph School of Music teachers may choose to offer lessons online when the Guelph Youth Music Centre is closed.
Recitals & Performance Classes
Recitals are formal occasions. Recital dress code includes dress pants/skirt/dress, blouses/shirts/sweaters. Jeans, shorts and yoga wear are not acceptable.
Students are required to participate in 2 Recitals: Winter and Spring.
Students are required to participate in 3 Performance Classes: Fall/Winter/Spring.
Group classes will have a final performance as determined by the teacher.
- Parents/Students are responsible for the purchase of all music and materials.
- Parents/Students are responsible for the registration and payment of any extracurricular activities such as Kiwanis Music Festival or Royal Conservatory of Music Exams.
- If there is insufficient registration in classes, programmes will be cancelled and all fees returned.
- Guelph School of Music reserves the right to cancel any student enrollment for negligence of payment, poor attendance, inappropriate behaviour or misconduct by the student, parent or guardian.
- There is no extra time given to students who arrive late for lessons or classes.
- Student received lessons for the lesson length and number of lessons they have registered and paid for.
- Piano accompaniment for recitals and performance classes is available for an additional fee.
- Please contact your child’s teacher if you have questions about his or her lessons.
- Registration in the Guelph School of Music implies acceptance of School Policy.