The Guleph School of Music is housed in the Guelph Youth Music Centre and must comply with the GYMC Vaccination Policy,
This Policy applies to everyone, 12 years of age and older, who enters the premises of the GYMC, located at 75 Cardigan Street in Guelph (the “GYMC Facility”).
The Guelph Youth Music Centre (the “GYMC”) is committed to maintaining a healthy and safe environment for everyone who attends the GYMC in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. In our day-to-day facility operations, we have a responsibility to protect all students, participants, parents, teachers, volunteers and staff. It is for this reason that is it critical that the GYMC take any and all precautions to protect against the spread of COVID-19. Therefore, we have implemented mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policies to take effect October 1, 2021.
More information will be available the week of September 7, 2021.
Prior to commencing in person lessons.
This document will be updated shortly to include a mandatory vaccination requirement for all persons 12+.
Parents and adult students must complete the online.
On the day of each lesson
Parents must complete the Health Screening Questionnaire on behalf of their child. Parents who attend the lesson must also complete a screening form.
- Each student will be met at the door by their teacher. Parents must wait outside if they are not attending the lesson in the studio. There is no waiting allowed in the building. One parent per student is allowed in the lesson.
- Everyone must wear a mask for the entire time they are in the building. Students and Parents provide their own masks. If the student or the parent is unable to wear a mask, lessons will be moved to online.
- Upon entering the building, everyone must wash their hands, either in the community room using soap and water or using hand sanitizer. Both are provided in the building.
- Physical distancing of 2 metres or 6 feet must be maintained at all times between student and teacher. If two people from the same family are present for a lesson, they must be together as a bubble with the teacher 2 metres/6 feet away.
- Teachers may not touch student instruments, music, dictation books etc.
- Teachers will take the student back to the front door at the end of the lesson. Everyone must wash their hands again after the lesson.
- Each teacher is responsible for cleaning/sanitizing the studio.
- Health protocol procedures will be done as part of the lesson.