Guelph School of Music is open for In Person Lessons starting August 10, 2020. Online Lessons are available for those wishing them.
We have put Covid-19 health and safety protocols in place for our students, their parents and our teachers, acting on recommendations from Governments of Canada, Ontario, the City of Guelph as well as the Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health.
Prior to commencing in person lessons
Parents and adult students must complete the online
On the day of each lesson
Parents must complete the Health Screening Questionnaire on behalf of their child. Parents who attend the lesson must also complete a screening form.
- Each student will be met at the door by their teacher. Parents must wait outside if they are not attending the lesson in the studio. There is no waiting allowed in the building. One parent per student is allowed in the lesson.
- Everyone must wear a mask for the entire time they are in the building. Students and Parents provide their own masks. If the student or the parent is unable to wear a mask, lessons will be moved to online.
- Upon entering the building, everyone must wash their hands, either in the community room using soap and water or using hand sanitizer. Both are provided in the building.
- Physical distancing of 2 metres or 6 feet must be maintained at all times between student and teacher. If two people from the same family are present for a lesson, they must be together as a bubble with the teacher 2 metres/6 feet away.
- Teachers may not touch student instruments, music, dictation books etc.
- Teachers will take the student back to the front door at the end of the lesson. Everyone must wash their hands again after the lesson.
- Each teacher is responsible for cleaning/sanitizing the studio.
- Health protocol procedures will be done as part of the lesson.