Covid-19 Update July 2022
Lessons are now available in person at the GYMC. In case of illness or quarantine requirements, your individual teacher may offer the option of an online lesson. Please discuss with your teacher.
In Person Lessons
The GYMC no longer requires proof of vaccination to enter the facility.
On July 1st, 2022, the GYMC removed the requirement for mandatory masking subject to future direction from Public Health. However, we continue to recommend the use of masks indoors, especially where social distancing is not possible. We will continue to monitor the path of the pandemic and take direction from Public Health at all levels of government should further protocols be necessary.
While masking is not required by the GYMC or GSM, you and your teacher may feel safer to wear masks during your private lessons. Please discuss this with your teacher.
Prior to commencing in person lessons.
- Parents and adult students must complete the online Liability Release.
2. All persons age 12 and up must have their government issued vaccination certificate with QR code verified by their teacher prior to entering the building.
On the day of each lesson
Parents must complete the Health Screening Questionnaire on behalf of their child. Parents who attend the lesson must also complete a screening form.
- Each student will be met at the door by their teacher. Parents must wait outside if they are not attending the lesson in the studio. There is no waiting allowed in the building. One parent per student is allowed in the lesson.
- Everyone 18 years of age and older must wear a KN95 or N95 mask for the entire time they are in the building. Children 2-17 must wear a well fitted mask. There is an exception for children under 2.
- Students and Parents provide their own masks. If the student or the parent is unable to wear a mask, lessons will be moved to online.
- Upon entering the building, everyone must wash their hands, either in the community room using soap and water or using hand sanitizer. Both are provided in the building.
- Physical distancing of 2 metres or 6 feet must be maintained at all times between student and teacher. If two people from the same family are present for a lesson, they must be together as a bubble with the teacher 2 metres/6 feet away.
- Teachers may not touch student instruments, music, dictation books etc.
- Teachers will take the student back to the front door at the end of the lesson. Everyone must wash their hands again after the lesson.
- Each teacher is responsible for cleaning/sanitizing the studio.
- Health protocol procedures will be done as part of the lesson.